Make Logansport, IN a destination to get you in the Christmas spirit on the Friday night after Thanksgiving, November 23rd at 7:00 p.m. You will see the inspirational Light Up Logansport Parade. These unique light up masterpieces are sponsored and built by local businesses. Many of them were built with the help of local school students. These terrific floats will also be displayed through New Year¹s Day at the Little Turtle Waterway Plaza. This event attracts thousands of people, so be a part of the fun!
Make plans now to enjoy Light Up Logansport’s
- All pre-parade activities will be held in the parking lot of Security Federal Savings Bank.
- Santa will be there from 5:30 pm to 6:45 to greet children and pass out candy and other items.
- Salvation Army will be serving hot dogs, chips and hot chocolate for 500 people (provided by Security Federal).
- Security Federal will be passing out popcorn.
- Woodbridge will be providing hot chocolate.
- The Logansport Children’s Choir will be performing at 6:00 pm.
- Reading Railroad will be handing out free books.
- Toys for Tots will be collecting unwrapped new toys.
- Columbia School will be hosting bleachers seats for the parade. For more information please contact Justin Herrold at 574-753-3797 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Begins @ Broadway & 8th Streets at 7 p.m.
- Parade route: Down Broadway to 4th Street, to Market & 5th Streets.
- Floats on display will be set up immediately following the parade in Little Turtle Waterway.
- Stationary displays at LTW sponsored by local businesses
- There will be a ride for Santa & Mrs Claus!
- Don’t Forget: Due to liability and safety issues, no candy, literature or any other items will be allowed to be thrown, handed or in any way distributed from a parade unit or walkers. Help us keep this a safe and fun parade for all! If you wish to have candy or other promotional items distributed to the public, you can drop them off at Security Federal Savings Bank prior to November 18th. Santa will then pass these items out to the children prior to the parade in the parking lot of Security Federal Savings Bank.
- The Depot will not be open after the parade this year.
- There will be a collection box for Toys for Tots.
THANK YOU TO THE LUL SPONSORS:
- Logansport Pharos Tribune
- Security Federal Savings Bank
- Mix 102/WSAL/Hoosier Country Radio Stations
- Logansport Parks Department
- Krysevig Electric
- Memorial Hospital, Logan’s Landing, Chamber of Commerce
Light Up Logansport exists to provide:
- A community event for all ages
- An exciting and appealing seasonal celebration
- A seasonal display of lights with an illuminated parade
- To showcase our community through business and education partnerships
Click here to download a map of the parade route!
For accommodations, dining, and directions, please visit www.visitlogansport.com.
(.PDF file, Adobe Reader required. Download it for free at adobe.com)