Light Up Logansport!
Parade Entry Criteria
- Floats should be free standing, three dimensional, lighted displays
- Floats should be no more than 10 feet in height (from the ground) and 16 feet in length
- Floats should be built on trailers/frames
- Floats should be lighted at least 80%, generators or other power source on the floats will be required. We also suggest the use of a battery from an 18 wheel truck or tractor with an ac/dc inverter. These will last up to 4 hours and are quiet.
- All construction materials must be fire and weather (moisture, wind, etc.) resistant
- All entries should be properly identified with signs or banners with the organization’s name so the spectators know who you are.
- Floats must be pulled by an ATV (All Terrain Vehicle), garden tractor or by hand. Semi Tractor/Trailers and box-type trucks, pick-up trucks and vans are not allowed for safety reasons. We will provide a garden tractor or ATV upon request. Please contact Jan Fawley, Logansport Parks Department, 753-6969.
- Drivers must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. A copy of their driver’s license must be turned in by October 28th.
- Due to the fact that the parade is presented at night, entries are NOT permitted to throw or in any way distribute candy, literature or any other items from the parade unit or participants.
- No entry will be admitted into the parade that has not been pre-registered. Entries will not be accepted or considered after November 5th.
- Float riders are allowed but must be integral to the float concept. Any children under the age of sixteen must be accompanied by an adult.
- Walkers should have battery-pack lights on their person or costume
- No Santa Clauses, please. Santa and Mrs. Claus have already agreed to be in the parade.
- If displaying the float at Little Turtle Waterway, it needs to be constructed of material that will endure the elements. LED lights, or lights that pull less than 15 amps are required. To ensure that the float will withstand inclement weather, the Parade Committee would like an opportunity to see your float two weeks before the Parade. If they believe that suggestions may help alleviate possible damage to your float, corrections could be completed by Parade night.
If you feel you can meet the above criteria and you would like to be a part of the 2012 parade, please download and fill out the following forms and send them to us by November 5, 2012. You may mail them to Light Up Logansport Parade Entries, PO Box 210, Logansport, IN 46947, or you may also fax the forms to 574-732-5055. Questions can be directed to Traci Robbins at the Pharos Tribune, 574-732-5085.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader ver. 5.0 or later to view these forms. A free download is available here.
Light Up Logansport Entry Letter
Light Up Logansport 2012 Entry Form - please send in by November 5, 2012.